Thursday, March 17, 2016


I did a little remodeling in the studio. I saw I needed a way of hanging the painted parts so they could dry without touching something. Finally discovered a length of small chain. I had the idea of using the small hooks I used to hang my stuff on in the gallery, but the chain links were too small so I moved down a class or two to use paper clips. The electrician who came to fix our heater in the afternoon found it slight macabre and was unwilling to duck under this to get in, but his good sense overcame him and he hastily scooted under and out  of the studio into the house.
By tonight everyone on this week's crew was weighted and stuffed and ready for bodies tomorrow.


The weather is sunny and warm in the afternoons, but I will be glad to stay inside in the morning at the sewing machine. This is always an exciting day as these parts propped on trays will magically turn into babies with personalities.
Speaking of personalities, I prepared Sleepy Sam for a new mommy. All day she laid on my table as I tied off her strings, finally painted some blush on her cheeks, knees and elbows. As the studio began to cool in the evening I did put her sleeper back on, covering up her matching diaper which I had just made for her,  Something felt wrong. As I sat in the chair I looked over at blind Robin and realized he was missing the one who has cared for him all these months.

So I put her back in her accustomed place to make him happy. Sleepy Samantha was wide awake as she checked him out to make sure he still had his puppy pacifier in reach.



No comments:

Post a Comment