Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Having sewn the bodies on Monday I had more time for getting everyone into their right bodies. I think my eye is getting better. I can look at a head and know which of the five body sizes will the right one. I do know I can better judge which jammies will fit which body.

I started with Baby Mine (he had no name that came with him). I love his sweet face and felt that seeing such a receptive attitude made working on him even easier. He looks as if he is shy about his still-new to him body.


Again, because he was such a tiny babe, I photographed him lying down for his portrait.


Next on the list was Sir Prise - another baby who came with no name. I felt he earned the name with his charming face. Here he is with Baby Mine. He looks always as if he is just ready to say something.



And his portrait taken in the afternoon.



Last, and the most patient baby, was Lollipop. She, I know, was made by Pat Secrist although she no longer runs the company that sells her doll kits.

And her portrait.


She got to hold roses because I had no lollipops in the house. I think I slipped a few notches in her esteem because of it. She looks as if she is asking, "Why am I holding roses when my name is Lollipop?" I gave them to her to match the flowers on her sleeper. She is not accepting anything I say anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment