Sunday, July 19, 2015

This is the scene at the birthing table this morning. I never 'do' five babies in one day so I told myself to just take it easy - no goals - just do one baby today. Somehow I had counted how many bodies I needed and was saying to myself, "3 big ones and two small ones." After cutting out five bodies and sewing two of the large ones I was so stiff and sore from sitting at the machine I decided maybe just two large babies.
By noon I had Sadie and Sunshine feeling at home in their new bodies. Instead of making another large body I needed three smaller ones so started sewing on them. Again after two I was aching and glad to hop into the recliner. There I discovered Juliet had come with her body (a BB one) so the two that were sewn were fine.

Eager to feel that even on a hot day, the babies were getting their bodies I switched to the BB bodies. I was shocked at how Juliet's body looked on her. I had forgotten that it needed to be taken in and I did not like how her legs jutted out from the rest of her. As I was taking her apart I wondered how the body I had planned for her would look. Her arms and legs are better now, but the middle of the body is over an inch too long. 


Maybe tomorrow I will take her apart to make the length reduction. Unhappy now with my bodies, I saw a BB one for full length arms and legs. To my surprise it seemed to fit Tanya ( her real name is Isis but refuse to name a child with that name!).

 I took out the plastic cables and put in string. Her coloring is about as close to AA that I have gotten. I love the expression of her mouth but from the side her head shape is very African, She  could be a lot darker. Her nose is wide enough. I simply lacked the courage to go that dark. Here she looks even lighter.

I guess I was tired. I forgot to photograph Kameko! Tomorrow is another day. Google said it would rain for the next 4 days. Instead we are having a heat wave - the warmest day of the year so far and lots of sunshine. I was surprised at how many kids in this crew had their hands made into fists! I am hoping the next bunch will have open fingers and no fights break out with this crew until I get the photos made. At supper I told Werner today would be a good day for his birthday! He was okay with having more celebration. I celebrated getting five new babies. He was not smiling!




No comments:

Post a Comment