Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I realized I never showed you how the babies are registered. Here is Raine being watched over by the Dolly Lama for the process.  On the counter at the window is the mail scale which I use to weigh each baby. This is Raine getting measured for her length. I put the head against the wall and my clipboard against the feet and use a tape measure. I record the date the baby was 'born,' its body type and clothes size and what kind of hair, if any. Then we proceed to the living room for the portraits. I usually take about 15 shots of each. There are moments when I feel I make them all alike but I do make some changes. This time, Kay Dance was so tiny I felt she needed to photographed lying down so I arranged that. However, when I look at the photos I see she looks as if she is sitting up like the others.

She is 18" long and weighs just under three pounds but seems so tiny.


Raine is sitting up, you can tell by the where the shadows fall.


This is Nolan, the Dolly Lama's brother. Only after photographing did I find the yellow caps. It is good to have a brown-eyed baby again.  You can see the little mark where I accidentally cut through his eye. I have no idea why or how that happened. There seems to be no way to cover it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment