Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I usually forget to decorate for a holiday until it is over but these sleepers posted on eBay caught my eye and I broke my "sleeper price limit" to order them early. They arrived yesterday. Eli watched me unwrap them and as soon as I shook them out to see the embroidery he was sliding off the shelf in his eagerness to try them on. I think they were brand new, and are really, really cute. He borrowed MaiHeidi's basket as his goody-bag. I put my old velvet black dress up as backdrop for him as white sheep fleece is not in the season.
I am still waiting on the poly-fill I want from Amazon. Recently while holding Cookie I accidentally pinched her leg and thought, "Oh goodness these are so floppy I must have forgot to finish stuffing her legs." Today, not working on the crew, I had time so I took her legs off. Imagine my surprise to find her legs totally filled with the 'supreme' poly-fill. I talked things over with her and she agreed to stay sitting while she also waited for the new poly-fill if I promise to take care of her before working on the crew.
While waiting I turned to crocheting and made this cradle/nest/sling for a tiny doll I had bought for $10 at Christmas time.  I got a new idea how to make the 'cradle' part more secure so no one fell out of the nest. I started a new full-sized one to see if I can repeat this.
Not working on the crew left me at odd-ends emotionally and the drive in me to work with babies is so strong I started to work on this poor babe.
I took apart a full-body vinyl doll and then had no idea of the size of the cloth body it needed. I picked the smallest body I had and tried it on her to get this weird effect. I am hoping that the houseful of plumbers (we are in well-hell) will allow me to create a smaller body for the little kid. I hated how hard she was when she cuddled with her vinyl body so I am eager to give her a soft little cloth body. At least she keeps smiling through the process.




No comments:

Post a Comment