Tuesday, June 30, 2015


See how a lot of secrets are being passed around by the dolls. I did not even see MaiHeidi  standing below the swing eaves-dropping before the picture came up on the computer screen. Evidently it is rather juicy news as when you see the look on the boys' faces - even their tongues are hanging out. The fight over the swing convinced me to hang a new larger one so both boys could be in it at once. At the moment we have peace, of sorts, in this corner. Except for all the secrets.

All day I worked on stuffing this week's crew so we can move on to bodies tomorrow. The babies are all about the same size which means I can make 4 bodies in the morning with the strong hope they will fit. The warm weather does dry the glue faster so I am moving right along.
I did finish the 'nest' for Princess but I need morning light to photograph it with her in it. Werner saw it and seemed very touched. I like it and it gives me joy to look up from my chair and see Princess in it. Oh, I did get the wigs thinned and trimmed and was able to try this one on our  girl from China.
These girls certainly enjoy being blondes instead of having that dark mohair on their heads. She looks and seems like a real American girl now. Her hair turned out a bit longer than I intended but that is better than being too short. I cut about 6 inches off the wig. I hated to do that but I had bought the wig a long time ago for less than a dollar, so I was willing to gamble on cutting off the extra. Looking at this picture, I wish her bangs were longer. I did not cut them - they came that length. Too short!

No comments:

Post a Comment