Monday, June 22, 2015

The above photo needs some explanation. Holly wrote that she wanted more of the factory painted babies from BB because SHE likes hair and she felt their brown eyes and skin tones might have more appeal to persons of color in the Chicago area.  So when BB had a sale I bought three kits. Then on Saturday I discovered that they all needed the body suits for full arms and legs. The last time I used one of these babies in a BB body suit I had to sew extensions on the arm holes to get them to cover the flange completely. I was not going to buy BB bodies for over $20 each and then add those ugly extensions and take up the bellies. I saw the way BB made the limb caps was too bulky with the heavy doe-skin suede which was why they did not fit. The idea of making 12 limb caps out of Harmony's fabric gave me the jitters. Sitting very long in the chair at the machine is harder for me that being in the recliner. Slowly the idea of crocheting the limb caps began to form. Most of Sunday was used up in trying out the idea, testing to see if they fit, and if they were strong enough. I wanted to make all of them in blue to match either the fabric or the limbs in yellow and ended up with this hodge-podge of colors. One good thing, the crocheted caps are as soft as padded caps so the baby will feel cuddly and will not show under the sleepers. My work is cut out for me on Monday.
As I was putting my mess away I thought I heard giggling and there was Kitty being tickled by the blue elephant. I think she is enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment