Monday, June 22, 2015

I just sat and wept while I held little blonde Blaze. I found her so cute, such a sweetie, so snuggy, so huggable and yet because she is factory-painted and her hair was rooted by someone who knows what she is doing instead of an amateur doing her second doll with a lot of love, Blaze will not get the credit and adoration she deserves. Even BB degrades her by saying she is NOT a 'reborn.' I just felt so much love for her and her sisters today and I guess I identified with them. In my childhood I too went through some very ugly phases and there was no way I could make anyone love me.

Those pink things are the diaper covers I've been making. Under a sleeper they looked huge and awful. I yanked them off of her. She does have a slightly fatter body but I am (again!) not happy with the way it fits under her chin. She sits fine and her arms and legs are easily movable in the crocheted caps but her chin falls into her too-big boob area. Her butt and female parts are much too pointed. I am hoping I can resew and reshape to the other girls' parts before tomorrow. I may try some way to reduce those broad Michelle Obama -shoulders. The curve of the vinyl makes them even worse.
Here is how her body looked before I stuffed it. What you can barely see (because they are white) are the doll joints that hold the crocheted part to the fabric. I do like the lilac color with the skin tone. And I fell in love with the little girl today. Holly wants brown babies so I may just keep her as a part of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment