Saturday, June 6, 2015

This morning I was attempting to get myself back on track, interested in reborns again and picking up where I left off. As I sat in the studio my spirits sank lower and lower. I was missing the kids so very much, regretting that we live so far apart, regretting major decisions I had made years ago, asking myself what I was accepting today that I should stand on my hind legs and demand be changed. The ocean had fog blowing over and into everything but it could not touch the depths where I was. Life was not worth living. . .
Then I looked up at the shelves filled with reborn friends. Most were laughing or smiling at me. They accepted me - the mess I was. Even the faces without grins looked very concerned. I had the thought, "They are not alive, yet they are happy." Since I am still alive I should be happy just to be breathing and counting my one billion blessings. Sitting there staring at their friendly faces I began to feel better. Then I had the thought, "Therapy reborns. There is good in just seeing a friendly face - a familiar one, one that wants just to share a smile with me." It doesn't always have to be holding a baby and rocking it, but just to look up, to see those bright eyes, the curved lips, the outstretched hand. Then I laughed out loud as I realized these therapy reborns were my therapy and I had better get busy on the new set of four.
Left to right is Kameko (I am doing for a friend), Candy - who I love for her gentle smile, a Ching kid with the goofy laugh I love, and Raine who is on trial to see how much joy I can get on her face.
Suddenly I was aware that it is more important to wait for a happy-face kit than to order just a bargain from the auctions so I have the next doll to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment