Thursday, April 30, 2015

As a result of yesterday and today's work of giving Elsie a new body I better see what is wrong with my doll bodies. In cutting out any blouse or bodice, the neck is cut on a curve with more removed from the front. Why then, in ALL the commercial doll bodies is the neck cut in a straight line? Dollies need a bit less fabric at the neck just like we do in our clothes!
I was so aghast at myself that I have not noticed this before that I literally could not work any more. All the bodies that I made the other day, and put the ties in already, need to be re-cut, re-hemmed with the ties re-inserted. I was so upset about this that I slept for 2 1/2 hours in my chair recuperating and healing.
In the photo you can see Elsie showing off her new boobs. Under her leg is one of the lilac suits I had made the day before. I had taken off her whole body, sewed in the dart at the neck and reassembled her and still she had the boobs because I had not cut out the curve of the neck. Tonight as I look at the photo, see Elsie's pleasure, I am wondering if I have gotten a complex about how a body suit should fit at the neck. Should I leave her have her boobs and move on to try the new pattern on another doll?

No comments:

Post a Comment