Saturday, April 18, 2015

Crystal's glum face fits my day. Every thing I needed was not in its place. I hunted, cleaned up messes, rearranged things looking for this and that. At least the new headbands I designed last night finally came together. I was surprised that I had to cut thread with pliers when I could not find any of the small scissors. I think Crystal overheard some of my comments and new words. I think she did not know I knew some of the expressions!
I did get the tongue and lips given two more darker coats here. I did find the mirror I was looking for and saw how dark my own tongue was and was able to match it. I made a new pocket peace pal in red, whites and blue and gave it black hair for a change from the brown.  I changed Ladybug's name to Sweetie and made her a new bracelet which took over 1/2 hour as I could not see the transparent elastic cording. I felt Ladybug would not mean anything to the visitors to the show but "Sweetie" would catch their attention. Also I am on the alert for bugs every day in the studio so I did not need another reminder!
The studio was cold and damp all day so the glue on the eyes did not dry for Ching Tien and Samantha. This afternoon I wanted to work on dolls but the gooey glue stopped me so I opened a kit from China and then, and only then, did I learn I had only 20 mm eyes and they were too small. It was the first time I saw how bad eyes look when they are too small. Somewhere in the mail service are more eyes but at the moment I do not know if they are 22mm. It is frustrating that every thing I need has to be ordered. The lag time between need, order, auction, shipping and arrival is wearing on me. I am still unhappy with my old glasses. It has been 5 weeks I have waited on the new ones looking at the world in a blur. I think I am as cranky as Crystal tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment