Thursday, April 16, 2015

The first of the kits from China arrived today (I bid on them on eBay) and I am blown away with happiness over it. I tried to put in the eyes before I photographed the face this evening but I was too tired and simply could not get then  in right. I love the tongue color I got and tomorrow along with the eyes I hope to finish the hair on this one and on Crystal. Today it seemed I went from doll to doll adding layers of hair, eyebrows and lips. I was amazed that the whole day was taken up with the job.
I did get Ladybug's limbs ready for tomorrow (the glue is drying) and her mouth and eyebrows are to my satisfaction. The ladies on the doll forum have the right idea - start very light and keep adding coats and layers until you get the saturation and color you want. I think adding her eyelashes will make a difference. I am thinking of drilling out her nose. I noticed that on the Chinese doll, the nose holes are so deeply made one does not have to drill them. I also love the fact that the Chinese doll is not exact on both sides of the face. The eyes are not the same degree of open, the dimples are differently placed, the tongue is not exactly in the middle of the mouth. And the limbs are smaller so the Chinese doll will be the exact size for cuddle therapy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment