Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The morning started beautifully with a phone message from a woman in San Francisco who wanted a therapy reborn to donate to a nursing home in honor of her mother. She had already picked out Holly Berry! What a delight was to talk to her on the phone. There were so many parallels between our lives, it was a bit like meeting the other side of myself.
Then my big task for the morning was to go over Holly to make sure she was ready to be adopted out. Thanks to Harmony bringing me a whole box of priority boxes I had the right size for her. By noon Holly was packed and even USPS cooperated by allowing me to print the postage label.
As always my only real comfort after packing up a baby to ship out was to get out new kits to start the new babies for the week. As I sat by the table waiting on the alcohol to dry in the sun, I gazed at the tray full of parts.

As I numbly stared into space, I realized that this is one of the happiest scenes I could wish for - many baby parts ready to be made into even more babies. I was even more blessed by the eyes going in the heads of all three so easily. All the hassles with stemmed eyeballs the other week have either made me a better eye-installer or just more thankful for the 1/2  round eyes.


Here we have, on the left, the next to the last kit from the Ching family. This means I will have to endure EvilBay, as the doll makers call eBay, to find an auction in my price limit. Next to Ching is Morgan from BB who is new to me. I was glad to see she is a tiny baby as it seems I do need more of the smaller ones to fulfill those requests. Last is Lilly. This will be the third week I have her in my crew. I gave her brown eyes this time so she feels different from the others. Tonight the glue on their eyes is drying. I look forward to tomorrow,  painting their faces, and sewing bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment