Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I was surprised how docile Evelyn was. I had the feeling she was very thankful to get her body back. She laid so still while I retired all her strings. We had such a good time this morning. I was very thankful that her eyes were in the right place and the glue did dry transparent. I put her on the photo-shoot stand, but in the afternoon got busy with visitors and forgot about doing it.

I stuffed the limbs of the three early preemies and had planed to put that blue body together but instead I just enjoyed  having Harmony and her friend Nancy and Ling-Yen all here sitting around talking about dollies. Tomorrow I hope to sew little bodies. From the blue body I made a pattern I hope works for all of them. They should be 10 - 11 inches long.

The other day this head arrived in the mail. I do not remember bidding on it but it looks like the kind of baby I would bid on. It was a Bountiful Baby kit that had some terrible experiences. All over were gray chalky paint places where the heat-set colors were not cured enough. The lips and tongue had the thickest layers of paint that I have ever seen on vinyl. I used nail polish remover to get as much as I could off and I was able then to repaint it with the Derwent colors. Rather pleased with myself and the head I began to insert the eyes. I could not believe my ill-luck. Again were the sockets for stemmed eyes but these had been on fire. Evidently someone tried to back the baby after inserting the eyes. Cinders were all over. I do not know what burned but it made a huge mess by melting into the vinyl. At first I thought those black spots were bugs or eggs but it turned out  they were only charred something. I felt better when I got 99% of it dug out and wiped away. Parts of the socket near the eye were still in place so I packed the sockets full of fuzz and stuck eye balls in through the fronts. After soaking everything in glue I left good enough alone. I stuffed the arms and legs of the body, the firmer poly-fill worked great!and then I tied those funny short legs and arms on. The torso I will stuff with with the premium poly-fill so she is cuddly. I never want to see a stemmed eye socket again in my life. I will be more careful to ask before I bid.
Something bit me on the neck and then crawled down to bite me again on the inside of the elbow. Want to take a shower! It was a tick! I thought I had killed it but when I put on my other glasses to see it more clearly, it had walked away!

No comments:

Post a Comment