Sunday, November 8, 2015

One of the Cheetah Children is going out as my art on the sidewalk. I never could get her neck to look right. Yesterday I did get it hooked on securely but it looks too weird to be on a therapy babe. With the print on the card I see how fuzzy the photo is with this camera. I have been thinking that it is 5 years old and maybe there is a sharper one now. I see it is not only my eyes late in the day but those photos are blurry - too blurry for even the web.
I cleaned up all my messes as I usually do when I finish a crew. I felt very satisfied with my work and use of time. I took some time to think about what I am doing, where I am going, and what I want from the future. I do recognize that making the babies gives me great happiness. Every part of the process feels right, except the hassle finding places to give them away. So I made new effort to post Lester on Reborns. com and hope to add new babes in the next few days.

Meet the new crew! That is Holly standing on her head (so the glue on her eyes soaks down through the cotton instead of running out the neck). Next to her is Lilly (2 ls this week). I wish I could paint more security and serenity on her face. Next to her is a Ching child. I only have two kits left so it is time to keep an open eye for a good price on that one. Sometimes, recently, I have seen they have been selling for almost $60! Before I never paid over $20.

The other day Sus asked me to make a brown baby Jesus for a Christmas event at Gualala Arts. I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted, but did not know if I had the talent to color it and root the mohair. While searching for the new crew I found 3 kits of Kimi I had bought for $9. each.

There was the brown skin, brown eyes, brown mohair on a tiny kit. Then I looked in my small stash of bodies and found a BB body with front loading full legs! Again while resting and thinking I decided that baby Jesus need a real male part. Looking in the basket of weird stuff I found the little one I had bought on eBay. Perfect! I feel so cared for by finding that everything I need is here. Nothing to order and agonize while waiting for it. BB had earlier put the Blaze babies on sale at this price and I got to it too late and all were sold out. If I had gotten Blaze she would have been blonde with blue eyes. See the Universe was taking care of this project already weeks ago.


Wanted you to see how the Cheetah Children at getting along without one of their gang. Claire seems pleased to know she has found her purpose in dollydaze but the two boys act as if they are missing someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment