Monday, November 9, 2015

I never know what goes on in my studio after I turn out the lights, but I suspect parties, especially when I find scenes like this in the morning. This baby jumped a good two feet from her perch five feet above the floor, She is still smiling so it must not hurt - yet. She also dropped her pink pumpkin and paci, but does not seem very worried about them.

I stuffed limbs and heads of the three in the crew and also Kimi who will be playing Jesus in a Christmas scene. I was delighted to find a BB body that had the cuffs for full-length legs. Then I discovered the full length arms but decided to sew the arm caps down so they made cuffs. I felt very smart to overcome that problem. After I got the whole thing together I saw the only position the legs would assume was this froggy one. Kimi needs front loading legs. I do not have any and I do not want to wait for an order.

Then I found this body and also found that I could position the legs in a more natural position. Success! Not quite. Then I saw

That big hump in the back which I have seen before on BB bodies. I took off the head, pulled out the filling and sewed a big seam in the front! Idiot! That seam needed to be in the back. So I redid that and removed the front seam in the studio. As I was catching my breath I remembered Werner had brought home mail at noon. I was shocked when I pulled out this package from Tina in China,

I carefully photographed the box from all angles in case the merchandise was damaged. Suddenly I could hear music boxes, and laughter as I pulled out

one of the babies from China that I have had my eye on for a very long time. She started out priced at $159. and slowly the price, after many auctions settled out at $118.00. I set my mind to pay only 50 - 55 dollars. Bid on at least twenty before this dropped into my price range.  Now she was here! Look how well packed she was with all limbs encased in extra sheet foam. Included was a real bottle and she had a magnet paci. I loved her clothes and felt so happy discovering each facet of her. People bitch about 'factory-painted' but they use air guns and get marvelous graduations in their colors. The skin is not hard like the USA baked heat-set colors but stays soft and pliable.

Ta-dah! Here she is in all her glory. With the paci gone you can see and delight in her smile. I love the frilly pink on her outfit. She even came wearing a diaper! Someone has been peeking at Western box openings and had included so much with her. No one would have know she came all the way from China. I loved her as she is. I was not tempted to tear her apart and reconstruct her as I was the other two dolls from China. 


I am very happy with this new face on my shelf to watch over me. Tina, you did a great job with the baby and her packaging. I think the box had gotten wet and that is why it caved in so. But you had also packed her in that lovely plastic bag with hearts on it that kept her dry and happy.

I was so excited about the new baby, how shall I name her? that I had a senior moment and forgot to put the roast in the oven at 4. At six when Werner came down for dinner, the oven was cold, the dish was still in the refrigerator. He graciously agreed to have supper at 8. Suddenly I had more time to finish my blog so went back to the studio to photograph Kimi getting his boy part glued on.

He sure makes the baby from China look good. I felt so smart that I  was able to drill holes in the poly clay so I can sew it fast tomorrow. Feeling smart and delighting in a new baby I only had to order, and my day is complete with the roast in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment