Sunday, November 29, 2015

At breakfast I could not figure out why I wanted the strawberries so much. I simply could not stop eating them. I apologized to Werner for making such a hole in the bowl. He answered,  "Is Harmony coming today to pick up the babies for Petaluma?" That was it! My depression at their leaving was already affecting me at breakfast and the hole inside of me was screaming for sweetness! Aware now of what was going on with me I started to fight my feeling in the only way I know works.

Here is this week's crew - monkey, pig and dog, The pig is a factory painted Thistle. I had been less than happy with my version of the pig that I  painted but looking over the job done at the factory my work looks very good. This has given me courage to buy the unpainted ones to do them myself. I had most of the limbs weighted  and ready to stuff with the cottony poly-fill by the time Harmony brightened my day. She was able to squeeze both boxes in her back seat, but just. It looked as if I had measured her car and picked the boxes. Then we sat down and had a great catch-up talk before she heads back to Michigan next week. She always feeds my soul. I forgot for a while that there was this empty place in the studio.


After lunch I took a nap in my chair so I woke with the energy to move my photo-shoot set up into the garage. Werner helped me carry stuff out and it was he who got the backdrop hung straight. I found myself enjoying seeing the set up in the garage so very much as I sat in my chair.


I did finish stuffing the limbs of the animals so I can start tomorrow with body building. Not mine, but sewing bodies for the animals. I ache as if it is going to rain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment