Friday, November 6, 2015

I forgot to tell you that the other day the bananas arrived from Amazon so I could make some bottles for the monkey folk. The puppy seems rather interested in the idea this morning. Today was body making day so I sewed up two because I already had one on hand. I put it together and made Claire into a fat man!
We were all laughing but she wasn't. She was very put out with me so I quickly put together one of the smaller bodies I had made today. She looked a lot better but the expression on her face did not change but she was making nicer noises! I had forgotten how much testing there was to a new baby body size. Using my old method of trying a misfit body on someone else I moved on to the newborns from China that I got on eBay.



I thought maybe her too-big body would fit one of them  which are a about 3 inches bigger.

That newborn look seems even dumber on a muscle guy. As I sat and stared at this guy the words "cheetah child" kept slipping in and out of my brain. There was nothing to do but go into the overly-sunny hot living room to cut out and sew a cheetah body.

Tah-Dah! The Cheetah Child! this sure saves having to sew clothes for such a small baby. His nice soft almost-furry body is exactly right for cuddling. It was too late in the day (even more so with DST) to cut and make more bodies but I began to figure out how many babies I could make in this fashion. I have another little baby from China I remembered. Her blue body was way too long and she would be great as a Cheetah Child. Then I remembered I had borrowed her arms when the ones from Bountiful Baby were too wrong - thin and white - for Lefty. Now she needed them back but he is already adopted. I let my mind just loose and roaming when I remembered that I had two dolls in that size. The boy, with a nasty look on his face, had two good arms. As I took them off while sipping diet root beer another idea came into my mind. Here is the result.

It could be I should not be left alone in the dark in the studio. I used to make dolls like this when I did the porcelain pieces but so far I have been fascinated enough by the art of making a reborn that I have not allowed myself to do this. Hmmm. I am having way too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment