Friday, May 29, 2015

Well, the computer is up to its oldest trick - hide the photo to see how long it takes jane to find it and how upset we can make her in the process. Somehow this all fits a very weird day. While doing my morning mail I ran into Ashley's blog so took some moments to read it. She had gotten her first pass to go for a walk outside the hospital. I was happy for her! except she writes about not having a hat to put on her now-bald head. I was appalled that I had not thought to make her one. With all the crocheting I do for others and my own granddaughter needs a hat and I never made one for her. I went to the studio saying 'no' to all the dolls as I sat right down to start her hat. Finally got pattern, yarn and ideas together to begin. After lunch I finished it only to find that some how I had used a pattern for children which was too small for Ashley. I tore out all the stitches but the crown to begin again. I had emailed Ashley asking her what she wanted, what colors? design? yarn? When I came in for a break there was no email so I went back to doing the hat in my mind.
The phone rings and to my surprise it is Holly who I think of Best Holly. She had in mind a nursing facility in downtown Chicago that had no doll therapy at all. We discussed sending them 10 dolls as they not only had no experience, they had no money for dolls and a lot of other things Holly was already planning to give them. Ten dolls. That was the number on my table. I needed to get to work on the 3 on the birthing table! I would wait to hear from Ashley before making her hat. Holly's call got me motivated to put aside the yarn and grab the hair drawing pencils. I wish I could draw some hair on Ashley as easily as I do on the dolls.
I could not quit on the computer until I found the photo. Here are the three newest babies making a get-away while the finish on their hair dries. Now I can go get them dressed for their portraits if I can catch them before they get to door.

No comments:

Post a Comment