Saturday, May 23, 2015

After I finished up the three newest babies I found sleepers for them for their official portraits from the new load of used baby clothes from eBay. We have no sun at all today so I laid the new kids on the pile where the other babies are. I found it interesting that Trey, to the left, seems to be rejecting the other two. It is as if he wants to roll away to get as far from the others as possible. Ching Joy goes to the front in the center stage where happiness follows. The screamer, I do have to find a name for him, is complete in his screaming. I weighed and recorded their births and still had 1/2 a day.

Then I moved on to finding bodies for the next batch of three babies. Little Joey was easy. He slipped right into one of the bodies prepared earlier in the big bod exchange. I feel it is slightly too fat for him but he claims it feels good - it makes him cuddly - and wants to keep it. He thinks the extra padding he sits on is his 'packet' which only makes him more manly. See he does hold his arms open wide. A better photo would make him more charming.
That being so easy I moved on to Chanel. Her first comment was, "Thank goodness Joey took that fat body. I want something more slenderizing." With the purchase of Joey, the seller sent a lovely white hand-made body. The body is slightly fuzzy and very cuddly. Chanel took one look at the wide bottom in it (the person used the Chinese Beranger body as pattern) and began shaking her head which resulted in it falling off the shelf. Determined to use what I had on hand I went to the machine to take in the usual five-seam reduction steps and an extra one on the fat booty. When I brought it back to the studio I ignored Chanel's cries and began trying it on her legs. The holes were too small! Then I saw her legs were full length. How could I have missed that while doing the toes? Searching through my stash of bodies I found a lovely BB body with the front loader legs. When I showed it to Chanel she instantly calmed down and wanted to pose with it.
I think, I hope, tomorrow will bring peace to all of us. Today had several emails about getting some babies to a nursing home in New York. And I am finally investigating a possible way to sell the babies. This made me turn to crocheting the pocket peace dolls for my own peace at an accelerated pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment