Monday, May 11, 2015

First of all was my promise to Nolan that I would make him a new body. So I did and here he is in the more professional tan fabric. I wanted to take his official portrait but he refused to wear the girlie sleepers with pink cupcakes so you see him only in his new birthday suit.

To start off my week I laid out the three doll kits on the birthing table. As I was examining the head you see on the left here I noticed something wrong with the eye. Closer to the door I could peer down into the head where a previous owner, in attempting to slice open an eye socket, cut it clean off. You can see on the photo that his one eye has a strange light in it. I've tried to glue in a new socket made with a circle of felt but I am sure no eyeball is going sit properly in it. My big bargain might become my first pirate with an eye patch. He looks grumpy enough for the role. The head calls him Trey but his legs and arms do not match in size.
While working on Nolan I noticed I had forgotten to lacquer his finger and toe nails so I did everyone's at once. While making his lips 'baby face moist' I jerked my arm and made snot running from his nose. I wiped it up immediately but was already too late. He has snot on his lip. When I put the eyes in the Chinese boy I noticed they  easily slipped into place once I got the eyeball close enough to the hole. Then I saw it was the sockets' position that makes these kids look as if they are watching a flea on their noses. I tried everything to re-position the eyes with the glue, but they would slip back where they wanted to go as soon as my back was turned.
In the afternoon I finished Harmony's hat but Cookies insisted on wearing it. Who can argue with her? She knows she is too cute for words.
I got, already!, an email from Holly that someone in New York called her for information about starting a cuddle therapy program and lo and behold there in her computer were my babies' photos. It seems like the kind of perfect timing that only the Universe engages. I am deep in gratitude tonight! Harmony brought boxes (we are ready to ship!) and is even making composites of the baby photos for me for Holly. I have wind under my wings tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment