Friday, March 20, 2015

Well, what a gift I got yesterday. Yes the box from Bountiful Baby arrived and I was delighted with the baby parts I had bought. But that was not the best part. Enclosed was a ROSE advertisement for workshops and show so suddenly I had a name and a mission for what I have been doing and feeling.
Cuddle Therapy!

That explains it! When Bu Kitty died I missed him so much but Werner and I had agreed not to get another cat. I thought a lot about what I missed (the last months with his failing health  were not easy) and then I figured out it was holding him in my lap and patting him that made me feel good. In October I discovered reborn dolls on YouTube and after many marvelous evenings of searching the offers on eBay I ordered one doll "Giggles" because she looked so much like my firstborn - Heidi. I asked Heidi to name her to keep the connection and she chose Jenny Wren, a nickname my mother had called me. For a while just holding her, dressing her, placing her in my studio was enough comfort for me.
Then after Christmas I began to buy boo-boo babies I felt I had the ability, as old retired doll-maker, to fix or remedy many so Jenny acquired a small family. I had talked to a few people about finding a way to get some of these babies to local Alzheimer's victims as I knew what loving a reborn had done for me  (without having to have Alzheimer's!) and I could imagine passing  along the good feeling.
Then from Bountiful Baby came the connection to others who are doing Cuddle Therapy and the explanation of what they are doing and needing!  I have a purpose again doing what I love! Putting together reborn babies at a price I can afford without going into a business! I am so excited! My joy has spilled over to Adam and Tiger his nanny.
Here you can see all three are now looking out the window (in reality it is behind you) so the world is suddenly beautiful and open with excitement and a smile is creeping on to Adam's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment