Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Jenny dropped her bottle and I simply could not find it. As I searched I felt a movement by my foot and there was the nanny tiger keeping an eye  on the lost bottle nearly under the the stroller. Peace reigns again in that corner of the house.
Yesterday the boxes of dolly parts arrived from eBay and I am discovering how kind other doll makers are! Freda actually  included a body slip for the set of arms and legs I had bought from her. I was so touched! Others sent extra supplies, little gifts and even a necklace & earring set in a Chinese brocade purse. Seeing all the heads made me finally attack the search for the boxes under the stairs. To my surprise, the topmost boxes were my porcelain dolls and a box of wigs shipped in 2003. Seeing the old dolls I realized where I had seen body slips! Those are the same as the ones I used on the clay dolls! I was suddenly connected to my old life 12 years ago. All day I have gathered the supplies I will need to finish the dolls sent in a kit to get me started in reborning. There was even a book which answered so many questions YouTube left unanswered. Thank you for my new Bible!
When I got out the box of wigs and was looking at each one (they were all perfect) Angie set up a fuss until I let her try one on. In an instant she went from baby to little girl. She was so happy with the change. I do not know if I can get her to give up the wig. And only yesterday she was thinking of becoming a little boy!
Can you see the smile that is just ready to break out on her face? I told her that if she wants to be a little girl she can keep the wig with braids if she stops wetting in her panties. We will see how that goes. What she does not know I that I have a perfect little girl dress made in France that should fit her. Among the wigs was a pair of white sandals she did not see.

No comments:

Post a Comment