Monday, March 2, 2015

Okay, when does an animal become a dolly? Maybe when she is a she and wears clothes? This is the rabbit girl I finished on Saturday. I made her a second hat (following instructions!) and debated whether to take this one off or make a new doll starting with the hat. I see already that I have alterations I want to make in the next try. Her legs need to be longer because instead of sewing them to the bottom of her body (like teddy bears) I used buttons to make them movable -  (so she can sit or stand) and to give her a real crotch. It seemed that especially crocheted dollies need a crotch since I confuse the two words so easily in my mind. I also want to attach her arms that same way with buttons and therefore I need to end off the arm differently. I prefer to make the head and body in one piece and didn't in this one (following instructions) because I thought the head needed more direction, but I see the neck came out in the same place the body ended. It is adding the muzzle that makes the head bigger. Those ears add a lot of weight that could pull the head over. I may need some reinforcement in the neck. I could make the ears in white acrylic so they aren't so massive and heavy.
After making the lavender and white blanket yesterday I am a bit tempted to make lavender clothes. Ah, but then my already made hat is the wrong color! I would need lavender in the cotton thread too as the acrylic is too soft. I have no purple in cotton. Hm. . .shopping?  I still have no idea what I will make today when I get off the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment