Sunday, January 10, 2016

Heart-sick was a good word to use for the flooding in the studio. It made my heart sick on several levels at once. I am always looking for omens that God (or the Universe or my Higher Self ) wants me to be doing this business with dolls (that I seem to love so much). Having all that water run off the mountain into my studio gave me a pause. Or is it only the small creek that flows through our property remembers running through the portion of the land that the original builders made into a garage and insists, when it has enough water power, to resume its old ways? Dollies do NOT make good dams.
I have brought all of them into the house, in the living room where they are not allowed to be, where they are dry and protected. The wide swath is for WR to walk through to the kitchen. That is Lester sitting on the un-used wood stove waiting on me to change his Christmas sleeper. A lady wrote from Reborns.com to ask if he had other clothes to wear besides this holiday get-up. Means I need to get that done and photographed.


Actually there are two piles.


This group fills the corner where the Christmas tree was until Thursday. Just the day before the water ran in Amazon delivered all the poly-fill I had on order at once. So that is securest in the farthest dry corner. The collection on the other wall got richer when all the studio babies piled in. Thank Goodness the Spirit Child blesses and watches over all of them.


This makes the studio look even more cold and childless.


You can see the sun is pouring in the windows but so is water on the floor. Water is still flowing down off the mountain. It is hard to want to work with this damp outlook on life. So I have been healing my heart by taking many naps and crocheting peace pal dolls in the much warmer, and cozier, house.

No comments:

Post a Comment