Wednesday, August 19, 2015


Yes, that looks very much like the begin of my day! This is the view I had inside the one doll's head. What you can barely make out are the eye sockets shaped like boobs. I knew I had ordered some stemmed eyeballs (in acrylic - not glass that would break as do the ones all the doll suppliers carry) from Amazon but which were not yet here. I hate waiting on parts to come in the mail, so I set this head aside to see if there were other surprises in the rest of the  heads.

I set Tweeter's head on the tray of limbs I had just finished putting the last coat on the nails. Hmmmm. Not looking good there. The colors do not match.  I may have to find another head or just do three kids this week.

The stemmed eyes did arrive, perhaps because I was not waiting? I also had this head with the tiny hole in the neck and no idea of how to get eyes placed from here. Could I pop the stemmed eyes in from the outside? No as you see in the photo.

I was able to locate these very tiny eyeballs sent to me in an order mix-up or mistake on my part. I was surprised when these tiny eyes popped in from the front. They tend to roll around on the sockets but the good news is that they end up in a similar place. I was too undecided which glue to use on them so I set them aside.  And I see that upper lip is too red!


I tried for over an hour to get the stemmed eyeballs in this head. Nothing worked and everything slipped or got dropped. I was getting very discouraged so I decided to cheer myself up by opening the  box with the order from Bountiful Baby.
Look what I got! Chaz was on sale for $24.99 and I have no memory of ordering this. Thankfully I did and  it arrived today and got me off the eye issues. Chaz has his eyes in already, is painted (for which I am glad) and all that hair is rooted in - very happy! As I was putting him together I recalled how my Mother used to buy monkeys every chance she got. She would have loved this. Probably preferred the monkey over any and all the dolls! She did not like babies! For a while I was calling Chaz "Mom" in her honor and then I realized that if the monkey was my mom, that would prove that I evolved from monkeys.
I found I had this one onsie (to cover up his body which is from BB and is too long I think).  If I do try another shorter body that onsie will be too long. . .We had no sun all day so I took this photo with the cloudy light and think I missed a big opportunity today! I should have been photographing instead of fighting with eyes.

Beside him (still searching for a name and a sex) is one of the new pacifiers I made this morning (his mouth is closed so it really does not work. I broke down to buy the hole-less nipples last week in my depression over Spirit Child so have also launched myself on this path.In the meantime the roast roasts and I have a monkey to go hold. Maybe that will help me forget that online last night I found out Spirit Child did not get a ribbon at AIR.

No comments:

Post a Comment