Friday, August 14, 2015

I felt I should make a trip to Gualala Arts Center to check on my girl - "Spirit Child" - but felt so awful I could not imagine making the trip. So I asked Susan, at the GAC desk, to have the people on the hanging committee to make any changes in her they saw were needed. To my surprise Harriet snapped a photo and sent that to me instead. There was enough out of whack in it to show me that it really needed some TLC corrections. Even though Werner had made one trip to town in the morning, and Mary was here cleaning, we dropped everything to make another foray into town.
They had placed the sculpture in a fine place! in the foyer on the first landing (above the mass of works) and right where the announcers and musicians on Friday will stand on a good dark pedestal. Only thing was they had turned her back to the wall and no one could see the frog coming out of her neck (one half of my joke!).  A quarter turn of doll stand fixed that and the label moved easily without tearing to its place in the middle between the frog lips.

Werner caught me making last minute changes and got a shot  the new placement which shows how the sculpture is now no longer in front of Ron Bolanger's photo but sideways to the one side of it. I hope he is pleased. Harmony saw us and came over and checked out what I had done and approved the changes and laughed at the joke. What you cannot see is how the spirit girl looks when one is down below on the floor of the foyer. She is overlooking a small alcove and I think when viewers are looking at those works in there  they will feel 'someone is looking down' on them and glance up to see this little kid hanging over the balcony. I hope this glimpse will draw them up the stairs to see the other works up there.
When we got home and both had naps to recover, I found the box from Sandie's did have the new eyes I had ordered. My last act of the day was put the new smaller eyes in four babies. That I could accomplish that unnerving job so late in day means my heart was greatly at rest and beating in peace with happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment