Monday, August 24, 2015

Well, I got "the talk" yesterday and all doll makers know what it means and how mean it is. Men, and is always a male, seem to think they have the right as husband to place limits on either how much money we spend, how much time  we spend on dolls or space in our homes we give to them. Yesterday it was the space question. I want to bring  some of the bigger pieces into the living room (to give me more space in the studio) but he keeps the right to accept or reject what I bring in to live with even though 1/2 of the house is mine.  I was told that I am "making the dolls too fast and getting too many." I need to "slow down and make smaller dolls that take less room." I need to make the dolls out of something other than vinyl as he is allergic to the smell in the house. In my studio it is okay but it needs some rearranging to accommodate everything. If I could park the car outside I would have plenty of room! but that will not happen in this lifetime or maybe it should!
I went to the studio to review more carefully the silicone doll and whether I can be happy with them.
I really hate the snotty attitude  of this guy. He is just 10" long and is the size I am supposed to make now. His body was  filled with plastic pellets and was very floppy. I opened the crotch and stuffed in the more cotton-like polyfill. I tried putting clothes on him and even a wig.
This close-up reminds me that I dislike the too-thick lips and wide nose, also.  This doll is too tiny to be cuddly. It is only something to show off and I am not into that! It is really hard for hermits to show-off. I did go through all my fabrics and found patterns for doll clothes. I am not sure I want to make doll clothes so rearranged them all back in the basket.
When I made the trip upstairs for new materials for backgrounds and rested by looking at a doll magazine (2005) I found. I could detect the beginnings of reborns and see why they influenced me so little back then.
I had gotten up an hour later so all day I was an hour behind myself. I set up the new photo-shoot scene and the light had already gone.

Handling this baby made me realize how much I love this size and identify with it. I even named this baby Janey. Then I caught this scene below and hoped they were talking about me and figuring out how I can continue making more of their friends. The one in the yellow does not look very hopeful.





No comments:

Post a Comment