Thursday, April 7, 2016

Today I had planned to make baby bodies, but when I realized two of the babies were AA and I wanted a warmer brown for the bodies for them. which had not arrived from Amazon, so I decided I had better be patient and wait for it. Also I was getting worried about sending the chosen poems to Ukiah  for the booklet of winners to be given out on April 17th at the ukiaHaiku Festival. Instead of working on babies, I put that all aside to finish up the judging, which always takes more time than I think it will. However I had the letter for Sherrie and the packet of poems ready for Werner to mail when he went to town in the morning. Somehow, picking the poems was more exciting to me than I thought it would be so that I could not settle down afterwards.



Out the studio there was Raspberry sitting on the photo table in the new outfit that came from eBay the day before. This was a size 12 months so it fit her perfectly and there was no squeezing and yanking to get it on her. She is happy to be holding my newest sterling silver rattle - another bargain at $8. Her hands are just the right size to hold it.
While I worked with her, Werner came home with a new box. It was a doll from the collection of Susan Racine that I got at a bargain price on eBay. I wished I had taken a photo of her right of the box. She was dressed up very cute for the trip, but I was too eager to see her as a therapy baby in sleepers. I did cut her hair before putting the sleepers on her. Here she is! I know she should not have hair, but it was glued on so she will be  therapy baby for someone who is not as bad off as others can be.


Susan had painted her beautifully. To finish her I will make a new tan body in stead of the white one she now has and use the doll joints so her arms reach around to clasp her new mommy right. I want to stuff her with my combination of poly fill so she feels like one of my babies. I hope she relaxes and learns to smile a bit more when she gets her new matching body.
Later then, I turned my attention back to Peanut in the quest to find the right outfit for her to make her trip to Pennsylvania. This was the one that was just that much too small for Raspberry but fits Peanut fairly good except the skirt is slightly too big. We may decide to send her in jeans like the little tomboy she is. Her hair may be too red for all that pink. Something weird happened with her hair ribbon. More changes. We will see what tomorrow brings us.

No comments:

Post a Comment