Monday, April 25, 2016

The two babies I started yesterday, when I found out I had to wait for a shipment from Dolls by Sandie, came together today so easily. They were a joy to work with. I was noticing how when babies lie in the trays in their parts as these did last week, it is impossible to love or care for them.


However today, as soon as I got Kendal into his body I was already deeply in love with him. I have done his kit before so having him appear as a baby was so natural and such a part of the way things should be, I felt I had met him before so was even more glad to have him show up in the nursery today. I was feeling like that as I finished attaching his body, but after painting in his facial features I was sure we were old friends who had not seen each other for weeks.

Does it seem to you, that those big blue eyes are just asking to be held? I had the feeling that he was going to jump up off the bench to fly into my arms. In a blink we had picked out a jammie and I was deep in the cuddle quiz with him. I was so happy to be holding him again that I just sat and sang to him while we watched big white fluffy clouds swing from south to north. I knew there was time yet to finish Candy's body but I just sat and rocked him. Werner was surprised when he came out to bring me a can of pop that I was just sitting. Only when he left did I put Kendal on the photo-table for tomorrow and brought the hand-sewn pieces for Candy's body in to finish them on the machine. BTW. I am finally getting used to the machine and can work on it much more easily than when it was brand new. In no time at all I had Candy's body ready for her.


I felt it was a bit too thin for her but she was happy with it saying she liked starting out thin so she could eat all the candy she wanted. Then she would be a fat little baby with a big sweet smile. I was going to argue with her to point out the flaws in her plan, but as I thought about it more, it began to become attractive to me. How to gain 45 pounds only by eating chocolate. Sounds like a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment