Monday, December 28, 2015


The best news is that the Japanese post office found Kamiko and were good enough to return her - when they found out someone was looking for her. I had shipped her out at the end of August and all this time she has lived in this box. We had a good cuddle and rocking session in the chair to get reacquainted. But when I put her in the box for this photo she started to worry that her fate was to stay in the box forever. Tomorrow, if I can, I want to box her up again. Machiko sent me her address partly in Japanese so I am hoping that will assure that Kami will be brought to the right house this time.
Customs had opened the box, kept it for 3 weeks and then sealed it back up with Amazon's tape so it would look as if they hadn't peeked. Everything was back in the box but the blanket was folded around Kami in a way different from the way I do it. She refused to talk about what had gone on while she was under their investigation. However she seemed to enjoy looking around the studio. I think she wondered if anything had changed since she had been here,
This morning I did take down the kids' Christmas tree and put it back in the closet. All the packages and mail that was supposed to arrive on Christmas came today. In the one package were the 5 inch babies I had ordered to go into the crocheted cradles. I was eager to see if they fit even though I had made a couple with no doll to measure. To my joy they are perfect.

And also we have. . .


And this one that created its own lighting without me knowing what was happening.


While I was doing this I heard smothered giggling coming from the area in the room where the boys' swing is. I peeked and then remembered that in my haste to get my arms unloaded from putting things away, I had slipped Annie in the swing, too.

I think the boys were figuring out new ways to keep warm on the nights when the studio cools off so much. I took pity on Annie, and the look on her face, to return her to the safety of the crowd on the display rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment