Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I found out today I can get tired even when I do not make babies. But I do hurt a lot less. Today was such a cloudy grey day it was as if one was still in bed no matter where you took the body or what you had it do. I did re-glue this lady's head on to her body.


I am not totally sure what her body is made of. It feels as if it was rubber that has hardened  so it is not nearly as hard as composition but no longer bendable. I do know Bambi and I bought her in the Hamburg Floh Markt  in the early 70s for very little in Marks but surely more than she was worth. We were never able to clean up her eyes which held us back from being very interested in her. I know I made the knitted dress in an effort to make it look like it came on her. I made it the length I wore my dresses then. I giggle to see how the dolls turn into reproductions of ourselves.

While I waited on her glue to dry and on into the evening I crocheted diapers.


What you cannot see is the difference in size of the two pink booties. I know I often count stitches wrong, when I do count, but that alone should not make such a big difference in size! Thank goodness I do the diapers by memory and just gauging the size since I cannot make babies the same size either.

No comments:

Post a Comment