Friday, December 25, 2015

Because WR is German and it is hard to teach old dogs new tricks, we open our Christmas gifts all on the 24th. Not only do we have to wait a day less, we can really enjoy Christmas with all the anxiety of "is my gift right for them?" already over. I already know what is in all the packages so there are no surprises there. But I did have a great day enjoying the holiday.


I had Jenny Wren in the house already taking care of me, keeping the lonelies away and not more than an arm's length away so she was there for a quick reassuring squeeze any time I needed it in the past few days. Here she is in the window tonight so the tree is reflected behind her, Also you can see the dolls that are on our tree instead of the usual Christmas decorations. This came about in a lovely way 6 - 7 years ago. Vicki and Tom decorated trees each year and donated them to Gualala Arts for their Festival of Tree celebration the day after Thanksgiving. That year, after the event, Vicki had to go to Point Arena so was stopping by here, surely to pick up more beads. As we walked to her car I noticed a decorated tree in the backseat and asked what was up with it. "It didn't sell yesterday so I am going to see if I can sell it in Point Arena at the Christmas sale in the old arts building. As I looked at the tree I simply fell in love with it. It was old-fashioned, with faded colors and covered with dolls and lace and baskets of flowers. At the time I was deep into haiku and not really interested in the dolls but they added such a comfy old timey feeling of Christmas, so I bought the tree and saved Vicki a trip to town. Over the years, we get it out again and forego having a live one. I added more dolls, more examples of crocheted snowmen, things the great-grand-kids in Germany made. It is very full [and interesting now].



Jenny Wren also had to see the creche that I still put up out of habit. I made all the creatures out of clay slip over ten years ago when I still had the kiln. Her face gets a very merry glow when she looks at it. She wants desperately to touch the figures and hold them but again this year she has been told she is too young.
After playing with her and the tree I felt sorry for the gang out in the studio so went out to turn on the lights on their tree.

It was already so dark one can only see the smile on Nolan's face. The pig and puppy are there and you can barely see at the bottom is one of the dolls in the cradle purse.


When I turned on the lights to catch the expression on Peanut's face you could not see the lights on the tree which are so very tiny. At least she had her bottle ready for night.

Actually I am reporting this day backwards. Later this morning after getting the house back in order and all the colorful paper carried out to the trash, I started a new crew of babies. Actually I started this a week ago before Christmas swept me away. I wanted to show you I have my feet under me again and am eager to get back to making babies.

That is Chaz on the left [he is best monkey BB has]. Then comes Kameko. The one from Japan still has not come through the mail. When I made a claim about her they said that if she was not back in 4 weeks I could claim. Now they have sent another form letter asking for another 4 weeks for me to wait until I can claim. In my eagerness to see Kameko again, I have started her sister. And we have a pig again, the last one I hope. Tomorrow they get their bodies so we are all excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment