Wednesday, December 16, 2015


I thought that if I redid the blanket for the pink cradle (which I had used in the blue one) I would be done with this series. I was delighted to get the idea of using butterflies I had made a couple months ago and glad to find two in pink ones with which I could decorate the new blanket. You cannot see that I corrected the hot pink around the edge and put a butterfly out there, also (which I failed to photograph).


I forgot that I spent the largest portion of the morning in the house taking care of holiday mail and I even got all the packages wrapped. Having that done made me feel I was already for Christmas. I had wanted to display the beaded scene with the tin boxes in the kitchen and even dusted off a section of the shelves. However I found the smallness of the scene made it get lost among all the stuff already there so I dusted off another tin to use as base.


Then I went to the studio and fiddled with the pink cradle until I was ready to take on the job of making the last baby in this week's crew. It was tiny Molly. Somehow putting her together extended into the afternoon. At first the pajamas we picked were too short in the sleeves. We both meditated on the problem and came up with a pair that fit her.


Here she took her place with Holly and Kendal. She looks as if she is not totally sure of where she is or what she is doing. Maybe by morning she will be more comfortable. Now that the photo-table is in the garage, it is morning light that is best and it is taking me awhile to turn my days around from knowing the best light was after 3:30.  I am eager to have a photo session with this gang as they each have beautiful hands and I want to emphasize that.
Now I must also admit that I started another cradle purse. I thought I measured it properly but it is too big by 9 stitches on each side. Does that mean I will have to do another one? As much as I enjoy the cradles I don't think that will be too cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment