Sunday, December 13, 2015

Catching up with yesterday to begin with. I cut out and sewed the three bodies in three different sizes and planned to get the babies into them after lunch. Somehow, when I sat down to rest and crochet after lunch I got started on the little purse-cradle and could not get myself to stop until I got it made. I had to see if it worked and if I was smart enough to follow a video to make it. That is one of our Stachman bisque babies doing the modeling honors.


I photographed it this morning in heavy rains with the power off. I could not open the garage door to get more light so I did not also photograph the purse part of this. Sorry! Later in the afternoon, when the power came back on I forgot about it. Thank goodness assembling babies needs no electricity and not more light than comes in the patio door. However when I got Kendal together, and rocked and blessed, I felt it was too cold to make him sit on the bench in just his birthday suit for a photo. So I immediately found a sleeper for him to keep him warm on such a cold day. You can almost see his gums (no teeth yet) chattering as he tried to pose.


I am amazed that he looks as warm as he does! The studio was very chilly. Then I helped Holly into her body. You can see how much smaller she is than Kendal. I love how her eyes are positioned - just a bit to one side. She avoids that straight on stare that the kids so easily get.
I was thinking again today what a special day it is when the babies get their bodies. How they go from being parts and all at once, when the head goes on, the child in them emerges. Suddenly I "know" them and can relate to them. Because of the cold we spent longer on the cuddle quiz as we both got warmed.



As they sat together on the bench their cuteness overtook me and I could not stop myself from making another photo. I feel one can already see so much personality in their faces.


As I was leaving the studio, which never got warm all day, I noticed Jenny Wren had tucked her toes under the very edge of the bear skin rug while she watched over the dormitory shelf  of the smaller babies in order to be warm all night. She may pull even more of it over her but then she would uncover the sleeping kids, they would wake and cry all night so she would never get any sleep. Her decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment