Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Today was Kay Dance's day to shine. She has had her strings retied and glued. We even found a sleeper that fits her better than the blue one in which she had her portrait taken. You can see by this photo why I have sworn off photographing the kids in these patterned white sleepers. I love them and feel this is the best combination of colors for kids, but as long as I am stuck using a white background, these sleepers simply do not show up the baby body. Tonight Kay is taped into her box along with her papers and the new blanket and ribbons and bows. I tried to make out the paid address label and found out the USPS site is down until noon tomorrow while they "fix" it. I have too little faith in unknown guys revamping computer programs and having them immediately work better. All day I have hassled with programs trying to download and use a new photo manager from Nikon. I am still not certain that I did all the right things to the right options. I did find the camera had a blinking red light on it after trying to use the new program. Thanks so much! The only thing I could figure out was when I first used the camera I ignored the instructions to set the time and date (because I did not want THAT to appear on the photos) but evidently it needs that info inside in order to file the photos. That is my theory which I may have to change tomorrow.
While whining about things not working, I can move on to the postal scale in the studio. For weeks the electrical adapter has had a bare wire loose. I was able to get it to work by holding the wire in place until the lights lit up, but today nothing I tried with that wire worked. I tried to purchase a new adapter from Amazon but I could only find new postal scales. So I went wild and purchased a pink one that also uses batteries. I came inside to try to weigh Kay's box on the bathroom scales and it would not register anything when I set the box on it. So I held the box in my arms and stepped on the scales. Then I set the box aside and did the math to find it weighed exactly 3 pounds. Then I tried again and the scales had me weighing 2 pounds more but the box was  right on the button with 3 pounds. Now how could I gain 2 pounds in two minutes but the box weighed perfectly the same both times?  Time to make new babies and turn my back on all of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment