Friday, February 19, 2016

I got a doll order so my juices are flowing again. Happy, happy, happy. Carol P. wrote that she would love to have one of my dolls to entertain her (she is in an iron lung) and her nieces who come to visit her. So I went to the studio to ask who wanted to go live with Carol and her family. Lilly was the loudest and nearly fell off the shelf trying to get my attention. I love her face and thought Carol would also. Thinking of children holding her I wanted to make her more interesting so I found a wig for her but then heard another voice from the other side of the rack. Blonde Blaze! Her hair was rooted in and would be a lot more fun to comb and style. So I asked her if she would like to go where little girls were. "Yes!," she squeaked, "but you have to fix my arms." She knew I had not been happy with the way her full-length arms fit to her body so this was an excellent time to fix them and make her child-safe at the same time. She was very patient sitting on my little table, playing with the peace pals, while I waited the glue on her neck to dry.


Here you can see the problem with her shoulders. She does not look very happy having to wait on me even though she seemed to enjoy the peace pals.
Later I was able to work on her limbs and did find the long dolly-making needle to carry a string from one arm to the other. The idea worked. Here she is on the test bench with her shoulders looking a lot better to me. They are certainly much more secure.

Now you can see her beginning to smile, though she complained about it being cold without her jammies. I also found a couple of outfits I had been given that therapy babies normally do not wear to send along with the bottle or milk and hair conditioner, toys and hair clips. Today I will see which pair of jammies fits her best and make a going home photo. I am thinking that since Carol said her room is small that I will include a 'stork nest' so Blonde can be hung on the wall and out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment