Friday, October 30, 2015

I pulled up my socks in an effort to stop missing the babies on their way to Japan by taking on a job I have been avoiding for weeks. Finally all my efforts to buy the stemmed eyeballs had culminated in a pile of such eye balls in various sizes. I had found Amazon offered stemmed eyeballs in plastic, instead of glass, and they were a lot cheaper so I could avoid that problem. These were cheap enough allowing me to get an assortment of eyeballs. I hauled out the big basket with six baby body kits - all needing the stemmed eyes.
The Force was with me. The three small babies allowed me to press the eyeball in from the front of the eye so I did not need to cut open the sockets. First I put the heads in the sun to warm up. The eyeballs that I could finally press into the head were not as big as the socket inside of the head so I stuffed that full of cotton. That was a long wiggly process but was good to occupy my head and my hands. Here they are on the birthing table so hopefully I can stuff the heads and limbs today.


The three bigger heads would also only accept smaller eyeballs than the socket. It could be that the proper size would go in if I had more power in my push. Again I stuffed cotton in around the eyeball and used UHU glue to hold it in place. I even controlled my desire to 'get the job done' by  leaving the one eyeball dry completely before doing the second one. I feel I know now how to get something in the eye socket and can do it again.

When I came in the house I checked my computer I found my bill to G. for the postage was not been passed on by Paypal, but that she had initiated the transaction on her own and sent the money without a bill. What a blessing that was. An even greater blessing was that she sent more money that we paid for the postage as her way of welcoming the babies to Japan and good times ahead. Suddenly I am no longer sad about seeing them go away, but feel they will be well-taken care of when they arrive. Thanks G.!

No comments:

Post a Comment