Saturday, October 31, 2015


Fuzzy photo but at least you can see the three babies who got their bodies today. As Harmony said when she saw them, " They do look like boys." and I had given them all boy's names. The several preemie sleepers came in handy for these little babies as they fit perfectly. They are lying here waiting to be weighed and signed in tomorrow.
The three bigger babies with stem eyes get their bodies tomorrow. I decided to quit early so I could try to get this eyeball in with morning strength and energy.


In an earlier effort to get eyes in this kit, I cut away the eye socket so I have to make one out of duct tape. The eye was in place okay until I started stuffing that side of the head. Then it went wonky and finally fell out in my lap. The baby looks sad as if she regrets making an issue with her eyeball.  All 12 limbs are stuffed as are the other two heads so all I need to do is cut out and sew the three bodies in the morning.
Harmony stopped by in the afternoon to hand-deliver the donation from Yasmin - our very first!  Suddenly I feel the universe is taking care of not only me, but also the orphanage and all the babies in it. This week is bringing us 6 babies instead of only three.

No comments:

Post a Comment