Sunday, October 18, 2015

I picked Rieke to start with so I stayed inside after breakfast to make her a body with the new untried pouches for her full-length arms. I was so glad to just sit in the recliner that I took my time basting in the area for strings. With them flattened a bit by basting I was able to sew them more neatly which pleased me.


Rieke with her new body waiting on her to jump into it. You can see the dolly joint in place on the arm pocket and how different the leg caps are. She was pleased to be this close to her new body, that the sun was shining and that I felt like working.

I still find the heavy vinyl on the ends of the arms too think or sitting wrong, but this was the best I could do for her. Then she got her lips repainted and black hair painted on. She did need more help to get back into her pink pj's.

We even had time, after lunch for her portrait photos and here she was a lot more relaxed and happy. I wished her sleeper did not have "I love Mommy" in English written across the chest. Here we got the idea of hiding it with her hands. I hope her Japanese Mom will immediately buy her new sleepers.

Here is Rieke taking DeeDee's place in the line-up to go to Japan. It looks as if she is reaching out to clasp the hands of the babies on each side of her. That is so like her personality.

Back in the studio I was able to finally put Holly together. She was such a dear child she went together with no trouble. However, finding a sleeper was more difficult. I had one really cute one but when we got it on it was too big for her. This yellow one fit her perfectly but she did not like the pink whales on it. I put a pink cap on her hoping it would make her happy and pull the outfit together. She only wanted to pull the cap off.
This is Holly's idea of a dirty look! She just cannot get that smile off her face no matter how angry she is with me for photographing her in an ugly sleeper

No comments:

Post a Comment