Monday, September 28, 2015


Pink is the new orange when you raise therapy babies. Today was the perfect day for photographs so I wanted to crochet a pumpkin to add a bit of Halloween to the set-ups. Orange has long been missing from my selection of yarns so I tried pink instead. No one was fooled.


Raine caught me trying to cover up her purple hair ribbon with the big black witch's hat so she pushed it aside so everyone would know Halloween was still a month away. We are still debating whether her sleepers are orange or bright pink. I think her Hello Kitty will help her convince us.
With cloudy skies today I saved enough energy to photograph everyone. While waiting for me Eddie leaned forward  so far he fell off the bench of un-shot photos. I picked him up to find his sleepers have the label "my first Christmas" on the chest. Heck, I was still gathering up Halloween decorations and blowing the dust off of them. Now I to switch to Christmas already and those things were all upstairs. I looked deep into Eddie's eyes and read his thought "girls." That gave me the idea to look in the tiny dollies for a Christmas girl. There she was. How did he know?


He did seem happier when I put her in his lap. She is not a toy for a baby but that is my problem now. How to get her away from him without his special brand of loud howling. Even when Camryn tried to borrow her, (her colors match his sleepers) I met the first resistance in a cry. Then I only got her away from Camryn when I retrieved an owl from a abandoned beading adventure to offer him a trade
.

Camryn switched from howling about the loss of the cute doll to howling because he wanted the owl to sit on him. No owl was going to sit on anything howling that loud and the poor bird tried to run away. I finally got Eddie content with the doll (and I accepted that I might lose her to his baby handling of her), explained to Camryn owls only like quiet so he had to be shhhh!

Just as we got this far, with the owl on his shoulder, Camryn began giggling in delight and the moment flew away to a safe hiding spot I still have not discovered. When I picked up Gabriel (who had gone to sleep) to do a re-shoot and he thought that all the howling was a fight over his hat. He was not ready to trust me again but he tried very hard to be good.


Phillip remembers his Daddy and when someone cries he thinks of his Dad and joins in with his very own heartbreak. It is impossible to take a good photo of baby with his face swollen from tears and too upset to sit up. So we tried to show what a doll he is lying down






No comments:

Post a Comment