Saturday, September 26, 2015

Again I started my day at the sewing machine. Having cut out 5 bodies yesterday allowed me to get 4 of the bodies ready to go today before the morning disappeared.
I started by getting Lefty's head on his body. You can see he is pointing to the problem hand hidden in the sleeper sleeve. I will keep an eye on offered kits to see if I can match him to an offering to find where I got him. There is always the option of buying a new pair of arms for his size baby and replacing both so we can expose his hand. Then I might change his name to Lexi.
Thought maybe I should show the doll joints I use on all the babies so they are completely pose-able.
I've ordered them from Amazon and from Dolls by Sandie but I am finding I like Sandie's the best but Amazon offers one size smaller which works best on the arms.

Here you can see them installed on the body. Raine is first on my list and thankfully she fits perfectly into this body. I really love her attitude. She is such a can-do girl.


Then I worked on Gabriel. I love his name and his expression is very sweet. I bypassed a photo op in the studio and went directly to the set-up in the living room. I put some effort into trying to decorate for Halloween so I am not yet happy with my aim as I was getting tired at this point and it transferred to Gabe.

I took the time to crochet a witch's hat and one was too small but it fit Lefty perfectly so he got in the photos before I even planned how I wanted him to look. He did great! I have the feeling he knows his left arm is wrong and tries even harder to give me what I want with what he has.



No comments:

Post a Comment