Monday, May 9, 2016

This little guy, trying so hard to be helpful, is holding up the Mothers's Day card Bambi painted and sent so it got here on the right day. He seems to be pointing to some of the highlights in the painting while trying his mouth shut.  In her box was more wool from Iceland, and CDs of photos from her trip with Dorje to Europe this winter. I was so busy with long, delightful dialogues from  the kids on the phone all day that I let Werner make off with the photos before I got a chance to peek at them. I found out that even when I am resting, talking on the phone can wear me out.
This morning I started the process of finishing the five bi-racial babies for UCLA. Here is Kimi in the yarn basket as her glue dries in the sun from the glass doors. She looks like she already knows the next destination in her journey and she can see the future. In her lap is her new diaper in pink and white.


Because of this job with five babies, this week's crew will consist only of Elijah. His brother sold last weekend and I forgot to change the web page so he was ordered this week.  He and Raspberry are headed to Florida when I get him made. Thank goodness his brother was waiting for me in the kit stash. Now he looks like this as he got his big blue eyes inserted and spread out his hands and feet as his nails are drying in the sun.


Last night while saving up enough energy to go to bed I finally found on YouTube the simplest instructions in how to crochet a baby beanie cap. Was so gratified that I could make one with my first try that I  continued making them into the afternoon - having a marvelous time. Here even poor Elijah was turned into Elsie with one of the pink ones.



Isn't she darling? I love the little face and think that having a cap would enhance the bald babies' appeal. I love the way the pink color warms and enlivens  everything around it. No wonder pink is thought of as the love color.  I feel Elijah is saying, "Ok, that is enough! Get me together so I can be a baby as the others are."

No comments:

Post a Comment